For up-to-date licensing information and product-specific disclaimers, see the respective handbook or user manual. Assays for veterinary use only. Regulatory requirements vary by country, product may not be available in your geographic area. PCR and ELISA kits availability/distribution: Outside the U.S. and Canada.
INDICAL’s virotype Influenza A RT-PCR Kit enables rapid and reliable identification of all known 16 HA subtypes of the Influenza A Virus, including the highly pathogenic subtype H5N8.
Features and specifications
- RT-PCR run time of less than 2 hours
- Easy-to-use single reaction mix containing an Internal Control
- Validated for multiple sample types
- Birds: oropharyngeal, tracheal, and cloacal swabs (individual or pooled), fecal samples, tissue samples
- Swine: nasal swabs, bronchoalveolar lavage fluid, tissue samples
- Equids: nasal swabs
- It can also be used with cell culture supernatants.
- Due to the high sensitivity of the test, pools of up to 10 individual swab samples can be tested.
- Can be performed in one cycler run with other virotype RT-PCR assays
- Successfully validated and approved by reference laboratories worldwide (e.g., FLI - OIE, FAO, and NRL for Avian Influenza (AI) in Germany and CSIRO, Australia)
Supply certainty & exceptional support
have been the trusted supplier of high quality qPCR test systems since
- High production capacity and safety stocks
- Excellent technical support by veterinarians
Influenza A Virus
Viruses of the genus Influenzavirus A belong to the family Orthomyxoviridae. They occur in high genetic diversity and a wide range of virulence. Influenza A Viruses are grouped into low and highly pathogenic strains. Waterfowl are the natural reservoir of low-pathogenic avian influenza viruses (LPAIV). Highly pathogenic Avian Influenza Viruses (HPAIV) belong to subtypes H5 or H7 and may cause fowl plague in domestic poultry with high economic losses. The subtypes H1N1, H1N2, and H3N2 of Influenza A Virus can also cause infections of the respiratory tract in swine as can the subtype H3N8 in equids.
|Product contents||Master Mix (includes primers, probes and enzymes), Positive Control, Negative Control, Handbook|
|Product type||Ready-to-use assay|
|Pathogen investigated||Influenza A Virus (AIV)|