For up-to-date licensing information and product-specific disclaimers, see the respective handbook or user manual. Assays for veterinary use only. Regulatory requirements vary by country, product may not be available in your geographic area. PCR and ELISA kits availability/distribution: Outside the U.S. and Canada.
There is a newer version of this product available: virotype BTV pan/8 2.0 RT-PCR Kit
The virotype BTV pan/8 RT-PCR Kit from INDICAL enables rapid and reliable detection of Bluetongue-RNA, plus separate detection of the European BTV serotype 8 (BTV-8). The kit contains all of the reagents for multiplex real-time RT-PCR in a single, ready-to-use reaction mix.
- Separate detection of the European BTV serotype 8 (BTV-8)
- Suitable for ruminant whole blood and tissue samples from cattle, sheep, and goats
- It can be used with pools of up to 10 individual samples of blood and with tissue samples from the spleen and lymph nodes
- Easy-to-use single reaction mix containing controls
- RT-PCR run time of less than 2 hours
- Can be performed in one cycler run with other virotype RT-PCR assay
Bluetongue disease and Bluetongue Virus (BTV)
Bluetongue is an infectious, non-contagious disease of ruminants. The agent is the Bluetongue Virus (BTV), a double-stranded RNA virus of the genus Orbivirus of the family Reoviridae which includes at least 36 known serotypes. BTV is widely distributed around the world. Sheep, cattle and goats are mainly affected by the disease. Clear clinical signs are usually seen only in sheep. In severe cases, the tongue may show intense hyperemia and become cyanotic (Bluetongue).
BTV serotype 8 is of epidemiological importance in Central Europe and a cause of recent major Bluetongue Disease outbreaks. The virus is transmitted by certain midges of the genus Culicoides. Furthermore, the virus can be spread by contaminated needles and surgery equipment.
|Master Mix (includes primers, probes and enzymes), Positive Control, Negative Control, Handbook
|Bluetongue Virus (BTV)