For up-to-date licensing information and product-specific disclaimers, see the respective handbook or user manual. Assays for veterinary use only. Regulatory requirements vary by country, product may not be available in your geographic area. PCR and ELISA kits availability/distribution: Outside the U.S. and Canada.
African Swine Fever is a threat to animal welfare and one of the most severe diseases affecting swine production. INDICAL’s advanced molecular testing solutions enable you to extract and accurately identify the DNA of the African Swine Fever Virus (ASFV).
The virotype ASFV PCR Kit allows the safe detection of DNA from ASFV in samples from pigs and wild boar within two hours.
Features and specifications:
- Duplex real-time PCR (qPCR) for sensitive and highly specific detection of ASFV DNA
- Easy-to-use, ready-to-use reagents including a single reaction mix containing controls
- Endogenous Internal Control (β-actin)
- Multiple validated sample types (serum, plasma, EDTA blood, tissue and swabs) from pigs and wild boar
- Suitable for pools of 5 to 20*
- Can be performed in one cycler run with virotype CSFV RT-PCR Kit
Rock solid proven performance:
- Safe identification of all ASFV genotypes**
- Approved in Germany by the Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut (FLI B-670), since 2015
- Validated by Reference Laboratories across Europe (e.g., Germany, Spain, Poland, Bulgaria, Denmark, UK)
- Fit for purpose according to 2018 EU ring trial**
Supply certainty & exceptional support
- We have been the trusted supplier of high quality qPCR test systems since 2007 – helping to control animal diseases (e.g., CSF, Bluetongue and BVD)
- High production capacity and safety stocks
- Excellent technical support by veterinarians
About African Swine Fever
African Swine Fever (ASF) is one of the most important infectious viral diseases of swine of all ages and causes a wide range of clinical signs characterized by a high rate of morbidity and mortality. The disease is notifiable to the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE). The causative agent is a double-stranded DNA virus belonging to the family Asfarviridae, genus Asfivirus. The ASF virus can be transmitted by vectors (soft ticks of the genus Ornithodoros) therefore classified as Arbovirus (arthropod-borne virus).
*Provided that the sample quality is good (excluding swab samples). Pool recommendations and regulations may vary between countries **Data available on file
|Product contents||Master Mix (includes primers, probes and enzymes), Positive Control, Negative Control, Handbook|
|Product type||Ready-to-use assay|
|Pathogen investigated||African Swine Fever Virus (ASFV)|
|Certificates of Analysis (CoA) |
Request a Certificate of Analysis and see the quality control data for your product.
|Safety Data Sheets |
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for product components are available on request.
INDICAL’s virotype ASFV PCR Kit is referenced in a number of recommended peer-reviewed publications, e.g. in Nature:
Zani L, Forth JH, Forth L, Nurmoja I, Leidenberger S, Henke J, Carlson J, Breidenstein C, Viltrop A, Höper D, Sauter-Louis C, Beer M, Blome S. Deletion at the 5’-end of Estonian ASFV strains associated with an attenuated phenotype. Sci Rep. 2018 Apr25;8(1):6510. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-24740-1
Arias M, Jurado C, Gallardo C, Fernández-Pinero J, Sánchez-Vizcaíno JM. Gaps in African swine fever: Analysis and priorities. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2018 May; 65 Suppl 1:235-247. doi: 10.1111/tbed.12695