For up-to-date licensing information and product-specific disclaimers, see the respective handbook or user manual. Assays for veterinary use only. Regulatory requirements vary by country, product may not be available in your geographic area. PCR and ELISA kits availability/distribution: Outside the U.S. and Canada.
INDICAL's bactotype C. burnetii PCR Kit is a highly sensitive and specific test for detection and quantification of DNA from Coxiella burnetii (C. burnetii) in samples from ruminant milk (quarter milk samples, pool or bulk milk), individual or pooled swabs (vaginal, cervical, placental), feces, fetal tissue and vaginal mucus from cattle, sheep and goat.
Features and specifications
- Duplex real-time PCR (qPCR) for highly sensitive and specific detection of Coxiella burnetii DNA including an extraction control; enabling qualitative and quantitative analysis in 60 mins
- Multiple validated sample types
- Easy-to-use, ready-to-use reagents including a single reaction mix
- Ready-to-use Positive and Negative Controls
- Comparable to most common PCR thermocyclers
- Can be performed in one cycler run with bactotype Mastitis Kits
Q fever and Coxiella burnetii
Q fever is a worldwide zoonotic disease caused by Coxiella burnetii, a intracellular gram-negative bacterium that can infect a large range of hosts (e.g., cattle, sheep, goat and humans). Infections caused by C. burnetii are often subclinical infections in ruminants, but can also cause abortions and decreased reproductive efficiency. In humans, C. burnetii may cause influenza-like illness, but also atypical pneumonia or hepatitis. An infection is thought to occur predominantly via aerosols generated by infected animals or animal products.
- WHO and UN have classified C. burnetii as a dangerous pathogenic agent
- Listed as a group B bioterrorism agent by the CDC
- Considered containment level 3 organism by the EU
|Product contents||Master Mix (includes primers, probes and enzymes), Positive Control, Negative Control, Cox Standard, Handbook|
|Product type||Ready-to-use assay|
|Pathogen investigated||Coxiella burnetii|
|Certificates of Analysis (CoA) |
Request a Certificate of Analysis and see the quality control data for your product.
|Safety Data Sheets |
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for product components are available on request.