The virotype PRRSV 2.0 RT-PCR Kit from INDICAL BIOSCIENCE enables simultaneous detection and differentiation of all currently known strains of Type 1 (EU, PRRSV1) and Type 2 (US/NA, PRRSV2) genotypes of the Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus (PRRSV) in samples from swine.
As viral pathogens continuously evolve, diagnostic tools need to be updated. Using e.g. field studies, bioinformatic methods, samples, and sequences shared by our customers, enables us to detect the ever-increasing number of PRRSV strains and constantly monitor our assay performance.
Improved design and performance
- Triplex real-time RT-PCR assay with modified and additional oligos for optimal PRRSV strain detection
- Highly sensitive detection of as few as 10 copies per sample
- Usable on most common PCR thermocyclers
- High efficiency on all instruments tested
Save precious lab time
- Enhanced, ultra-fast protocol with a RT-qPCR runtime of ~1 hour*
- Can be performed in one cycler run with other virotype 2.0 RT-PCR Kits
- Easy-to-use single reaction mix with endogenous internal extraction and amplification control
- Ready-to-use positive and negative controls
Flexible with multiple validated sample types
- Swine blood, serum, tissue, bronchial swabs
- Swine bronchial lavage, saliva, semen samples
- Cell culture supernatant samples
Pooling options: Due to the high sensitivity of the virotype PRRSV 2.0 RT-PCR Kit, pools of up to 5 individual samples and collective samples of saliva may be analyzed.
Supply certainty & exceptional support
- We have been a trusted supplier of high quality qPCR test systems since 2007
- High production capacity and safety stocks
- Excellent technical support by veterinarians
Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus (PRRSV)
Infections with PRRSV in swine are highly prevalent and economically very important for the swine industry. PRRSV is an RNA virus that belongs to the order Nidovirales, family Arteriviridae. PRRS virus infection can cause respiratory disease in piglets and reproductive failure in pregnant sows.
*Depending on PCR-Cycler. See Handbook for detailed information.
For up-to-date licensing information and product-specific disclaimers, see the respective handbook or user manual. Assays for veterinary use only. Regulatory requirements vary by country, product may not be available in your geographic area. PCR and ELISA kits availability/distribution: Outside the U.S. and Canada.
|Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus (PRRSV)