African Swine Fever is a threat to animal welfare and one of the most severe diseases affecting swine production. INDICAL’s advanced molecular testing solutions enable you to extract and accurately identify the DNA of the African Swine Fever Virus (ASFV).Gain more control and confidence in detecting the African Swine Fever Virus from difficult sample material with the new virotype ASFV 2.0 PCR Kit!
Features and specifications
- Triplex real-time PCR (qPCR) for highly sensitive and specific detection of ASFV DNA in 60 mins
- Multiple validated sample types (serum, plasma, EDTA blood, tissue and swabs) from pigs and wild boar
- Suitable for pools of up to 20 samples*
- Easy-to-use, ready-to-use reagents including a single reaction mix
- Endogenous Internal Control (β-actin)
- Exogenous Internal Control (to be added to the Lysis Buffer)
- Comparable to most common PCR thermocyclers
Why two controls?
Our double control strategy offers a higher level of confidence in the interpretation of results, especially when testing difficult sample material.
- Control of sample quality and animal origin
- Control of DNA extraction
- Detection of PCR (partial) inhibition
- Rapid and safe identification of all known ASFV genotypes
- Performs well compared to the UPL-PCR Method, which is promoted by the European Union Reference Laboratory for African Swine Fever (EURL-ASF) CISIA-INIA
- Validated by renowned Reference Laboratories (e.g., BE, DK, DE, PL, ES, LV, and HU)
Supply certainty & exceptional support
- We have been the trusted supplier of high quality qPCR test systems since 2007 – helping to control animal diseases (e.g., ASFV, CSF, Bluetongue and BVD)
- High production capacity and safety stocks
- Excellent technical support by veterinarians and molecular biologists
Combating African Swine Fever
African Swine Fever (ASF) is one of the most important infectious viral diseases of swine of all ages and causes a wide range of clinical signs characterized by a high rate of morbidity and mortality. The disease is notifiable to the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE). The causative agent is a double-stranded DNA virus belonging to the family Asfarviridae, genus Asfivirus. ASF virus can be transmitted by vectors (soft ticks of the genus Ornithodoros) therefore classified as Arbovirus (arthropod-borne virus). INDICAL’s advanced molecular testing solutions enable you to extract and accurately identify the DNA of the African Swine Fever Virus (ASFV).
*Provided that the sample quality is good and that sampling is not swab-based. Pool recommendations and regulations may vary between countries **Data available on fil
For up-to-date licensing information and product-specific disclaimers, see the respective handbook or user manual. Assays for veterinary use only. Regulatory requirements vary by country, product may not be available in your geographic area. PCR- and ELISA kits availability/distribution: Outside the U.S. and Canada.
|Product contents||Master Mix (includes primers, probes and enzymes), Positive Control, Negative Control, IC-DNA, Handbook|
|Pathogen investigated||African Swine Fever Virus (ASFV)|
|Certificates of Analysis (CoA) |
Request a Certificate of Analysis and see the quality control data for your product.
|Safety Data Sheets |
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for product components are available on request.
The virotype ASFV 2.0 PCR Kit has been succesfully validated by renowned Reference Laboratories (e.g. Germany, Spain, Poland, Belgium, USA, Denmark, UK).