INDICAL BIOSCIENCE supports well-informed decision-making in veterinary agencies and laboratories worldwide with our broad portfolio of innovative and high-quality diagnostic solutions for reliable isolation and identification of the Influenza A Virus.
Developed and used for surveillance and outbreak investigations, INDICAL's virotype Influenza A 2.0 RT-PCR Kit (FLI-C 116) is a ready-to-use test including everything you need to detect Influenza A Virus RNA in samples from birds, pigs, and equids.
Save precious lab time with virotype Influenza A 2.0 RT-PCR Kit
- Enhanced, ultra-fast protocol with a total RT-qPCR runtime of ~1 hour*
- Can be performed in one cycler run with other virotype 2.0 RT-PCR Kits
- Easy-to-use single reaction mix with endogenous internal extraction and amplification control
- Ready-to-use positive and negative controls
- Detects all currently known 16 HA subtypes and 9 NA subtypes of the Influenza A Virus,
including the highly pathogenic H5N1
- Highly sensitive detection of as few as 10 copies per sample
- Usable on most common PCR thermocyclers
- High efficiency on all instruments tested
Flexible with multiple validated sample types
- Birds: fecal samples, tissue samples, and individual or pooled oropharyngeal, tracheal and cloacal swabs
- Swine: nasal swabs, bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) and tissue samples
- Equids: nasal swabs
Pooling options: Due to the high sensitivity of the virotype Influenza A RT-PCR Kit, pools of up to 10 individual swab samples can be tested.**
Supply certainty & exceptional support
- We have been a trusted supplier of high quality qPCR test systems since 2007
- High production capacity and safety stocks
- Excellent technical support by veterinarians
Influenza A Virus
The Influenza A Virus is an enveloped, single-stranded RNA virus and belongs to the family Orthomyxoviridae, genus Alphainfluenzavirus. Influenza A viruses occur in high genetic diversity and a wide range of virulence. They are grouped into low and highly pathogenic strains. Waterfowl are the natural reservoir of Low Pathogenic Avian Influenza Viruses (LPAIV). Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Viruses (HPAIV) belong to subtypes H5 or H7 and may cause fowl plague in domestic poultry with high economic losses. The subtypes H1N1, H1N2, and H3N2 of Influenza A Virus can also cause infections of the respiratory tract in swine as can the subtype H3N8 in equids.
*Depending on PCR-Cycler. See Handbook for detailed information. **Pool recommendations and regulations may vary between countries.
For up-to-date licensing information and product-specific disclaimers, see the respective handbook or user manual. Assays for veterinary use only. Regulatory requirements vary by country, product may not be available in your geographic area. PCR and ELISA kits availability/distribution: Outside the U.S. and Canada.
|Influenza A Virus